Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A helping hand

No one sees the girl,
as she sits alone, so alone.
No one cares to say hello,
everyone passes no one notices.
Tears run down the small child's face,
a face where a smile should have been.
Legs held tight to her chest,
arms wrapped gently about her.
People pass her on their way to their busy lives,
only no one stops to see the girl with tears on her face.
Until one day someone sees,
and that someone changed her world.
I do not know really why I wrote this post only that I did, and that this short poem is not really fictional but is more real than we can ever know, the last two lines don't have to be there, it can end with 'the tears on her face', but those two lines are there in hopes that there is some one who would help such a child, we don't even know how much of a difference we can make in one little girls life, that difference can amaze you and can amaze me. That pretty much explains the poem though it does not explain my reason for placing it here, I guess you could call it, inspiration that needed to be written down. As in the above picture we can offer a helping hand to the child, we can change their world, in some cases we may even save their life, this is the simple truth, we live in a world where terrible things happen to children, we have it extremely good. If the time comes that I ever meet one of these children I hope I will be brave enough, strong enough to reach out my hand and pull her up.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

May we all be that helping hand. For if we don't lift others when they need us. How can we expect them to lift us when we need them?